BMW Werkz banner

Vibration at 45mph whole car

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jbrizzuto 
#1 ·
Well looks like I have a job this week hahaha.. I just ordered new transmission mounts, Flex joint, engine mounts, center bearing and dont forget the locking nuts for the flex joint. I've been getting a real bad vibration throughout the whole car at about 45-50mph so I'm thinking I'll replace a few things before I spend big $$$$ taking it to a dealer. She is a 92 BMW 525i auto with the M50. I think I just solved the blowing the Idle control valve problem but I'll see. If anybody has any suggestions I'd be more then happy to listen.

#5 ·
Could be your propshaft bush? If you dont feel it so bad on de-accleration thats where I would be looking

#12 ·
Who'd of thought a uneven worn tyre could cause such an uncomfortable ride in a BEEMER,glad you got it sorted mate!
Mine started at 55/56 mph,mind you,i saved a bit of diesel,i never went over 50,even on motorways it was that horrible to drive,rarely under 70 now,

#13 ·
Vibration

I was lucky in that the vibration was only around 60 mph. Below it or above it there was no vibration. So I had to choose to stay below or above 60. Of course, that was an easy choice to make. I cringed going through 60 but tried to keep above 60 whenever possible. I thought I had some front end issues which I've never had with this car and was very surprise and relieved to find out it was just an out of balanced tire. My '94 525i 5-speed, now 15 yrs old, has 169,000 miles and still going very strong. I bought it new on the European Delivery Program when I lived in Paris for a year. I am now looking to buy a 2003 525i or 530i Automatic as a 2nd car. I go to Florida for the winters and with the heavy, slow traffic there I am tired of manually shifting all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.