BMW Werkz banner

Ultimate E39 Trunk Mod... 3 Bodies Illustration

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  325iS 
#1 ·
I've been with roadfly and bimmerforums.com for about a year now. I thought I'd share this here, too, it's a small project of mine I started.

Looking for something interesting to add to your E39? Well, here you go.

My E39 came with the little badge in the trunk that shows you how to put 3 golf bags in the trunk. Well, that's boring. Now you can replace it with something practical:

I took the original badge and scanned it in. I then vectorized it by hand, which allows me to make high quality prints and change whatever I want to in the image. We have a nice wide-format plotter at work that can print on almost any media, including adhesive vinyl. I printed out a prototype today, the one seen in the photo above. The black in the upper left corner is where I was dumb and accidently put a plastic bag against it before it was dry. I just need to tweak a few small things like the colors.

When it's completely done, it's very difficult to tell the difference between this and what came with the car. I'll be printing out a large batch at work and will have them for sale. I'm not sure of the exact price, I still need to work this out.

There are two options:
1. Just get a sticker, and slap it on your original.
2. I'll be making 100mm x 50mm pieces of heavy duty acrylic, almost the exact same thickness as OEM, and carefully mounting the decals and trimming them, as well as putting velcro on the back. I.e. you get it in the mail, two seconds later it's in your trunk. This should be fun to do, so this is what I prefer, your pick though. It'll cost a little more than the sticker, but it'll be worth it. It'll be the exact same size as the OEM piece, the only difference will be the plastic will be clear, which will only matter if you remove it from the trunk and look at the back where the velcro is, otherwise you'd never know.

I lied, there's a third option. I can make customizations for a nominal extra cost. For example, one interested individual wanted "Illustration of three stowed hookers", so that's what he'll get. If you'd like something other than bodies, let me know, I'm pretty creative and we can work together.

So, if you're interested, email me at the address found on the image (I avoid spam this way), or send me a PM with your details and I'll add you to the list. I'll have exact prices figured out soon, but it won't be terribly expensive.

If you don't have an E39 and are interested in something like this, send me an email or PM and let's see if we can work together, too.
And here's my latest post:

Worked on a few of the designs requested. I'm going to try to print some tonight after work. I've added everyone who has emailed me to an email list, and will send out an email with the designs as well. Still trying to figure out how to draw an Asian girl.

So, here's the regular version with some overlap on the bodies:

Had a few requests for stowed hookers, so here we go... my coworker cracked up because the boobs aren't even close to realistic :)

In case you ever need to stow 6 midgets in your trunk, here's how:

Wondering if I'll go to hell for this... but French midgets are also an option.

Hopefully another update this evening after I've printed a few out. I'll also pick up some acrylic and begin mounting them. I'll try to figure out prices tonight, as well as method of payment. So far a lot of people have asked about PayPal, so I might just do that.

dwayneblew[AT]gmail[DOT]com
Response has been great, so I can't wait to get these out to people.

For reference, these are the original threads so far, so you know I'm not some creepy noob:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273110
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e39/5834203-1.html

So, if you have any questions or are interested in one of these, email me :)

Thanks,
Dwayne

#3 ·
Originally posted by wiseman168@Nov 3 2004, 02:11 AM
great... where can I get the info to increase my trunk size..

X-mas is coming I need to buy x-mas tree.. I don't like to put them between driver and passanger. I like it in the trunk if possible :)
[snapback]223511[/snapback]​
Well, as far as increasing trunk size, I would visit the power tools section at Sears, Home Depot, etc :p

Was the second part a request for fitting a christmas tree in the trunk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.