5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)
I did this a while ago, it worked great so I thought I should share. (bmwtips.com)
(I've only found this to work on MKI Navigation Systems....couldn't get it to work on II & III
1. Set ignition to Position II (do not start the car)
2. Enter TV mode
3. Enter "Settings"
4. Enter "Contrast"
5. When the green contract bar is visible, push the knob and keep it pressed.
6. Turn ignition off (keep button pressed)
7. Wait 8~10 seconds (timing must be Acurate)
8. Release the knob
9. Turn on ignition again
10. Your TV Video is now working (hopefully) along with your audio.
I've also attached an Aux Video / AV connection...ill post instructions/pictures some time....
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.