BMW Werkz banner

Trunk Problem

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  climber boy 
#1 ·
hey everyone...i have this really wieird problem...My trunk light nor my trunk lock works. I have no idea what it is. I posted this a while ago and peopel said it was my trunk actuator and i put it in and for some reason..still...the trunk doesnt work with the key nor the inside button...so basically i have to use manual trunk opening all the time. Its annoying because if the car is on and someone needs to get something out of the trunk i have to turn the car off..use the key..and then restart the car. Anyone that knows what it could be other than the trunk actuator because i already bought a new one and it still doesnt work.

please help... :banghead

:cry

#2 ·
Does anyone know anything? LIke a way to test the power going to the trunk or something? And everytime i press the keyless entry i hear a clickin noise coming from right underenath the glove compartment...well a little bit back underneath it. I dont think its the fuse because i checked that..not sure tho...its a weird click click...hmm any ideas? :idea2

#3 ·
Check and see if the little rod that the trunk actuator connects to on the inside of the trunk ir aligned properly. I had that problem but only after a bunch of crap(got my car stuck in a sandpit and couldnt reach anything and didnt have a tow hook so I tried from that, bright idea huh?) well ayway, you can check that, but it's not likely unless you were fiddling with it. If thats the case then you're gonna have to try for a little while to line it up right

#4 ·
yea i made sure all that stuff works...because when i use the key manually it works fine but its just the electrical stuff but if anyone knows about a relay or somethign that is underneath the glove compartment well underneath and behind it because if there is...that is the problem..i hear a clicking there evertime i try the keyless entry.

#5 ·
I don't know if this will help, but I've had a few problems, too. First the actuator (gray thing w/ piston arm and cap on it) that failed, but that's an easy fix. Then the trunk started doing the same problem, and I figured the actuator died again. Turns out there is a little spring inside the latch bracket (separate from the actuator) that keeps the tension. If the spring busts (mine did), then nothing works right. Even making the trunk "click" will not force the lever to throw, and thereby actually unlatch. Unfortunately, you can't buy just the spring from the dealer; you have to buy the whole lock kit. I cheated and found a spring at NAPA that was very close (shame on me) and dropped it in. Problem solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.