Time to fix the angel eyes, so help me out here. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
(Thread Starter)
Time to fix the angel eyes, so help me out here.

Okay, so as I have said before, lighting and wiring are not my forte really, so I haven't tried to tackle this yet. The E39 is a 1997, but the first owner upgraded it to the Hella angel eyes, problem is they were apparently wired wrong because the angel eyes only come on with the headlights, no the parking lights. I have thought about it and maybe it could be fixed by wiring them to the amber parking lights or something else that comes on with the parking lights, but I don't know if this is the solution or what is the best way to approach the problem. I am on fall break so I get Monday and Tuesday off this week and I am hoping to be able to get this done and get the 9006 connectors replaced. Thanks for the help as always guys, I know my fixes and upgrades aren't the best or most exciting, but hold on for a few years and I will have a surprise for everyone......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
Okay, so as I have said before, lighting and wiring are not my forte really, so I haven't tried to tackle this yet. The E39 is a 1997, but the first owner upgraded it to the Hella angel eyes, problem is they were apparently wired wrong because the angel eyes only come on with the headlights, no the parking lights. I have thought about it and maybe it could be fixed by wiring them to the amber parking lights or something else that comes on with the parking lights, but I don't know if this is the solution or what is the best way to approach the problem. I am on fall break so I get Monday and Tuesday off this week and I am hoping to be able to get this done and get the 9006 connectors replaced. Thanks for the help as always guys, I know my fixes and upgrades aren't the best or most exciting, but hold on for a few years and I will have a surprise for everyone......
Hey Kasei......one wire does have to be wired to the parking lights......that is what I HAD TO DO!

Be right back.....

getting info for you......

#3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks jb, I appreciate it. I need to find a cheap white LED to go in there too if I ever get around to trying to get DDM to replace my ballast so I can get the HIDs back in there, but they make the process over complicated so I haven't done it yet.

#4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Thanks jb, I appreciate it. I need to find a cheap white LED to go in there too if I ever get around to trying to get DDM to replace my ballast so I can get the HIDs back in there, but they make the process over complicated so I haven't done it yet.
Ok......scratch the wire going to the marker lights for now.....I'm thinking that is just for the e36.....

Will this help:

http://www.umnitza.com/install/p39installpdf.pdf

#5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So it looks like I need to figure out which wire is for the angel eyes and extend that to the ECU and tap the red and purple wire( or one of them). Maybe I don't want to get into this lol. That was a nice find jb, I will read over it a second time when I am more awake. Thanks a lot.

#6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Ich bin der Modifikator

Garage
Quote:
So it looks like I need to figure out which wire is for the angel eyes and extend that to the ECU and tap the red and purple wire( or one of them). Maybe I don't want to get into this lol. That was a nice find jb, I will read over it a second time when I am more awake. Thanks a lot.

Ok, No problem......your welcome......

Now give me a hint on that molecule name.....

#7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Oops. You should have posted it there, I already gave the name. Dang. Go back and check in a minute, I will put another up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)