BMW Werkz banner

Thrumming when driving above 45mph

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zayd55 
#1 ·
After my older brother hit my front passenger side wheel into the kerbside whilst trying to negotiate a bend at 60mph I now get a thrumming noise which can be heard when driving over 45mph. The noise seems to get faster as the speed increases and really sounds quite scary.

I have had all the bushes and thrust arms inspected and found no faults. The OSF Shock absorber has slight play in it though which I believe is also causing some metal to metal clunking when driving at slow speeds and going over bumps in the road.

This is a real bummer as my car was running in first class condition before my jackass brother decided to wreck it thinking he was in some kinda Porsche or Ferrari. I hope someone will be able to give me some kind of clue as to what damage I am looking at here even if it is the entire driveshaft as the impending doom of the stealer is looming ever so closer.

#3 ·
billB said:
Sorry to hear this....You did not mention anything about the condition of the rim/wheel itself....next a thorough inspection of the whole front end should be in order.
Sorry about that, the wheel was quite badly scraped along the edge and it also scraped the inside of the OSF Rim. Upon a thorough inspection both rims don't appear to be buckled or cracked anywhere. Damn strong Alloys BMW make I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.