BMW Werkz banner

Sunroof Problem

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ///M Power 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, last night I (textbook moron) left my keys in the acc position all night and killed my battery. I charged it up and everything seemed ok till I was driving to work and went to open the sunroof. It wont slide back, so I pushed the putton in, and it tilted up (vent). However thats it, it wont close or slide open. It does sound like its trying to close, but no sound when trying to open. It has allways worked perfect, no issues previously. I would think there is only one fuse for this, so if it opens I would think the fuse is good. Any ideas at all?

#3 ·
Your the man. Yep that was it, it was having a brain cramp. All is good now, thanks very much

tom
Originally posted by billB@Jul 11 2005, 09:51 AM
Place your thumb on the center of the overhead sunroof button, press it and hold it and keep it in that postion (pressed in) for a while......the sunroof will default to factory setting (will reset).....it is in the manual......good luck

regards

billb
[snapback]361486[/snapback]​

#4 ·
Originally posted by tacroteau+Jul 11 2005, 09:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tacroteau @ Jul 11 2005, 09:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your the man. Yep that was it, it was having a brain cramp. All is good now, thanks very much

tom
<!--QuoteBegin-billB
@Jul 11 2005, 09:51 AM
Place your thumb on the center of the overhead sunroof button, press it and hold it and keep it in that postion (pressed in) for a while......the sunroof will default to factory setting (will reset).....it is in the manual......good luck

regards

billb
[snapback]361486[/snapback]​
[snapback]361491[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

glad to hear it..... :cheers

#5 ·
Yeah oddly enough when I was messign with my door locks after i disconnected the battery my sunroof wouldn't close for awhile. I thought that the battery was charging up or somethign weird but I guess I may have done that factory reset without knowing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.