BMW Werkz banner

Strange Heppenings Of The Obc Temp Readout

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tacroteau 
#1 ·
I had a strange experience with the OBC temp readout last night.

Whilst doing some highway driving (at 11pm) the temp guage readout was 3.0C. However the 'C' was blinking and the temp readout also came up on the instrument cluster display with a gong as well. Was this a warning for something?

After about 5min the readout went up to 7 deg C, which was the outside temp (I think).

After 30 min or so the the temp readout went back down to 3.0C, the warning appeared on the instrument panel again and the gong sounded. After a few minutes the readout returned to normal.

This happened one more time during the trip.

Is the temp sensor faulty?

#2 ·
Whenever the outside temp reaches 3.0deg © or 37deg (F) for the first time since you started your car above that temp, it will flash for about 10 seconds, and announce it with a short tone. Thats just the temp that BMW engineers think thisngs could begin to freeze. As for it going up 4 deg and coming back down again, I guess its possible that on the highway you could have traveled through some pockets of air. Sounds normal to me, dont think you have anything to worrie about,

Originally posted by ben_t@May 1 2005, 11:52 PM
I had a strange experience with the OBC temp readout last night.

Whilst doing some highway driving (at 11pm) the temp guage readout was 3.0C. However the 'C' was blinking and the temp readout also came up on the instrument cluster display with a gong as well. Was this a warning for something?

After about 5min the readout went up to 7 deg C, which was the outside temp (I think).

After 30 min or so the the temp readout went back down to 3.0C, the warning appeared on the instrument panel again and the gong sounded. After a few minutes the readout returned to normal.

This happened one more time during the trip.

Is the temp sensor faulty?
[snapback]339961[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.