I'm new to this forum however, I very glad one exists ecause it allows us to share the knowledge and save each other lots of $$, yet get to know our cars better. Hopefuly I can contribute to the wealth of knowledge. I need your help as my 94 525i won't start. Here are the symptoms and what's been tried to date:
- car turns, engages, but wont start.
- I checked the spark plugs - all look good
- All 6 cylinders coils are firing OK.
- The wife added 3 Gal of 87 Oct fuel which I then added 6 more gal of premium 92 Oct fuel to offset! I noticed the starting problem after that so I'm not sure if it is related. The owner manual states its OK to use 87 or 88 but it wont meet emission requirements!
- It's been raining a lot here and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?
Anyways, I'm not sure what else to try? I think the fuel pump or filter maybe the next suspect however, I don't know where they are located? or what to try? Any suggestion to help guys I would very much appreciate. Thanks for your time.