BMW Werkz banner

Shorting in a fuse for guages, and other idling.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  M5power 
#1 ·
I always forget to tell u guys this: i Drive a 1985 BMW 528e.
alrite, i relly need a favor from u guys. i have a fuse problem, its the bottom right fuse(8a). Every time i start it it blows a perfectly
good fuse :( . The problem is some of it is not understandable. they cut the words down to make it fit and alot of it is abbreviated so i dunno waht they are. if u can please tell me what these things im about to list are and where i can find them to find out what is shorting my fuse.

-Dash ind. Light - are these my lights for my dash to light it up?(red ones)
-Tacho-of course tachometer, but where could the short be?
-Mirr- my mirrors yeah i know that one
-BC-dunno
-CWL
-SCB
-F1(either a 1 or a l)
-S11(either a 1 or an l)
-Speed Cont- where could a short be for that?
-Window reg.- my windows, could that cause an actual short? for fuse blowing.
-Veh. Ht. Adj-? can my vehicle change the height of it? or is that just an extra feature?
-Rev. Li. Programmer- my rev limiter? is that my idling problem? where can i find that stuff?
-Seat adjust- im guessing thats for the electric seats.

Are any of these things common for causing problems with fuse shortages. I took it to a bmw shop to get my mounting blocks for my tranny replaced and it started doing this; are any of these related to MY TRANNY of MY ALTERNATOR? i put a new ground on my alternator because it looked a lil worn out. i used the exact length and a 8 gauge wire for it. lemme know if u can tell me what these abbreviated things are. My windows, my mirrors, NONE of my gauges work. and my car seems to have idling problems as well, it'll rev up to about 2k and then drrop back down when in neutral. My friends rx7 had this same problem when his throttle position switch went out on him. just lemme know of any help u can be, i know this is asking alot...THANKS ALOT!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.