Sad, But True - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
68th gear and shifting

Car: a lot of broken ones
Photos:
superdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2005/07/05...artner=netscape

5 and 7...... sad
and 4 MB cars

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
superdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Hey superdeadman? how you been ? long time no see!!

this sounds interesting...doesn't it ???

In one sense, luxury cars have difficulties with reliability ratings because their owners have higher expectations for the vehicles and are more likely to complain when things go wrong. But not every luxury automaker has problems with reliability.

regards

billb
billB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
toast_mcmann is an unknown quantity at this point
In an article I have recently read in european car magazine (I think). They had the annual customer satisfaction ratings for all non domestic cars. I liked this rating system because the statistics were derived directly from the customers. Anyway, the best on the list was toyota (not a big surprise) followed by some korean cars and honda as well. As for euros BMW and Porche recieved the highest customer satisfaction rating somewhere around spots 9 and 10. The companies bring up the back of the euro train were Mercedes benz, audi, and vw. All were in the 20's on the list.
toast_mcmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
68th gear and shifting

Photos:
superdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura about
yeah, but it is soo true about 5er electronics reliability

hey billb, yeah haven't been in the 5-er thread in a while because no one discusses 5-ers anymore

i've been good, the summer is always nice, hehe , discovering new things i love about the bimmer everytime i drive it ... and thinking that maybe i'll start looking for a 98-99 6spd 540
how have you been?

Quote:

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
Old 08-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tacroteau can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to tacroteau
Thats very true, keep in mind a bmw owners expectation of their car vs. someone who just paid 12,000 bucks for their toyota tercel. Also what the hell could go wrong with a tercel? windshield washer pump craps out? They arnt loaded with options. Its simple... a car with 500 optional systems is gonna have more problems then a vehical with 3. I think BMW is doing a great job with the amount of tech they are packing into these cars.

Quote:
Originally posted by superdeadman@Aug 8 2005, 09:16 PM

hey billb, yeah haven't been in the 5-er thread in a while because no one discusses 5-ers anymore

i've been good, the summer is always nice, hehe , discovering new things i love about the bimmer everytime i drive it ... and thinking that maybe i'll start looking for a 98-99 6spd 540
how have you been?
[snapback]368286[/snapback]
tacroteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by superdeadman@Aug 8 2005, 08:16 PM

how have you been?
Thanks for asking..yes busy travelling..and no not for fun...work...sorry; lately I haven't been on the forum that much..will make it up I promise....

regards
billb
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by tacroteau+Aug 9 2005, 03:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tacroteau @ Aug 9 2005, 03:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats very true, keep in mind a bmw owners expectation of their car vs. someone who just paid 12,000 bucks for their toyota tercel.* Also what the hell could go wrong with a tercel?* windshield washer pump craps out? They arnt loaded with options.* Its simple... a car with 500 optional systems is gonna have more problems then a vehical with 3. I think BMW is doing a great job with the amount of tech they are packing into these cars.

<!--QuoteBegin-superdeadman
@Aug 8 2005, 09:16 PM

how have you been?
[snapback]368558[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

and Tacro I have to agree with you right there......and if I may add: any NEW model once introduced in ANY car will have some bugs which ought to be worked out (recalls etc) ; and yes BMW is can not be the exception to this role....no matter how they test pilot these cars; I believe the ultimate test hinges upon the end user...that is to say US the customer...... We all have seen what the E60 went through at first.......and that is why when you buy a used car in its last year of production; you can be so sure, it is almost near perfect....example? look at the 528i in its final phase as E39 prior to the introduction of the E60:-- too much technology too soon, I am just about to say when the E60 was introduced, it was way a head of its time!!!

regards
billb
Old 08-10-2005, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm...

I agree with the whole expectations idea to a certain extent.

I also believe that theres no excuse to pay above $60,000 for a car and have the kinds of problems as often as the e60 has.

Lexus makes a vehicle nearly as expensive as some of the higher-end BMWs with much less frequent problems. I am not saying I'd rather by a Lexus, I am just pointing out that if I'm going to drop that kind of money on a car - it better not need me to take my time out of my day to drop it off at a dealer and have the inconvenience of cruising around in a rental because thats how "nice" the dealer is.

bah.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
68th gear and shifting

Photos:
all i gotta say is i love the way the new lexus gs looks... and they are extrememly reliable in everything, even though they still pack as much as the bmws.... i just think it shows the difference in german assembled cars and japanese ones

Quote:

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)