Round 2 Of Overheating.!!!!!!!!!&# - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
blke39 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
alright, thanks for all of the help last week. RECAP: my car has been overheating for a while now. my 98 528i overheats after about 3 min. of driving now. i have changed the therm., water pump, fan clutch, and flushed the system. when the car overheats and loosen the bleeder screw on the therm. housing tons of air comes out no fluids even after a good 10 min. what the hell does this mean. .. i am getting very pissed here, i dont know what else to do. please help me. i took apart the system tonight again flushing it and the radiator. the radiator is what i thought was clogged. come to find out water flows perfectly. what else could it be. thanks again, russell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 10:14 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
wow man, don't know what to tell you.
you should probably pm bryan1970
he's works in a dealership and knows a lot about 5-ers, he can prolly help you out. Also go to bmwtips.com and there are few other bmw 5-er forums where you can post the problem.

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Wow...you've replaced every single component I was goign to mention, EXCEPT PIPES. Check your pipes.

Since air comes out the bleeder then that means for sure your thermostat is working. Water pumo should be good too. Defintely check pipes.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

tacroteau can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to tacroteau
Ohhhhh man hav I been there. My 97 528i would oveheat at idle only. When at a stop light it would start to shoot up on the thermostate. I would rev it up to about 3 grand and it would cool right back down. I also lost heat at idle. So this seemed to be a flow problem. All I did was get some Prestone coolent flush . I drained the system. disconnected the "hot" ouput hose from the radiator, made a seal around it with a garden hose, and flushed the system backwards for about 10 minutes I then filled it with water and added the prestone flush stuff. Ran the car for 10 minutes, drained the system and flushed backwards again. Ran the car for another 10 minutes (with just water). filled it up with a 50/50 mix. Have not had a problem since. even on 95+deg days with a/c on. The fan also started to work, its on a different sensor then the temp pickup. Turns out that side of the radiator wasn't even getting hot, because the coolent wasn't flowing to it. I hope you try this and it works for you, 5 just had clogged lines, didnt have to spend a cent on replacing any part. (that doesnt happen often).

Remember there is a reason for everything, just gotta figure out what it is from the hints your car gives you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)