BMW Werkz banner

Radiator leak

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  westin 
#1 ·
I have a bmw 520i 1994 model. Last week when the car was parked, engine running, i suddenly heard a "poof" kind of sound, followed by lots of steam from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and found that the attachment for the hose on the left side (seen from inside the car) had broken off. Also, the fan had been touching the plastic cover that lies around it, and in this way causing the fan to stall. This, i think caused pressure to build up, and eventually breaking off the hose attachment. All the coolant fluid leaked out under the car. Luckily there was enough left of the attachment to reattach the hose, so i filled up the cooling tank with some water, just to get the car back home.
Now, i've fixed both the hose and the fan, but i've discovered that there's a leak from under the left side of the radiator. I couldn't get a good look down there, but i could feel with my hand that there was a hole for a screw or something where the fluid was leaking from. I really don't know though, so i could use with some help here please! :conf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.