Ok, Best performed from cold;
1. turn key to pos II ( do not start car )
2. put heat control to Max 32 with fan set at lowest level
3. begin to fill with 50/50 coolant/water mix
4. keep filling very slowley until float is level with the top of the expansion tank
5. when float has settled level with the top, replace cap, start engine
6. open screw next to exp tank to let out air (bubbles) !! keep an eye on temp gauge
7. when car is stone cold, check float and top up as required.
My float took 2 weeks to stay level with the top of the expansion tank, I checked and topped it up about every 2 - 3 days, and it has now stayed level for 18 months.
******* level check only when stone cold ********
If you get low coolant level warning then you will have to add some regardless of wether the engine is warm or cold, but not to much!! 1/2 cup say a time. If the float pops right out when engine is hot/warm dont panic this is normal.
If you do happen to overfill this system it will chuck it out.
VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL
I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!