Question about halo kits. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 11:55 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mehmet is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello there,

Im just wondering, i am about to get the angel eyes kit for 5 series with HID from factory. This kit doesnt convert the HID to xenon, but is just the angel eye assembly for the HID type bulbs.

Now, is there any difference in the angel eye effect between xenon and HID? also, how much better is xenon than HID? my basic question is, why would somebody want a xenon halo kit rather than the HID halo kit (when they have HID factory installed of course).

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 02:14 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Deathace is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi

I Thought i would try and clarify a few things regarding your post. HID means High Intensity Discharge which uses bulbs with xenon gas and uses arcs of electricity to ignite the xenon gas over using regular filaments like halogen bulbs.

There are more and more technologies coming out like using regular filament bulbs with xenon gas to give a brighter light over halogen. At the end of the day these lights are merely for britghness of the lamp itself using older technology whereas HID lamps use newer technology to disperse the light further using lower voltage / heat. HID lamps also penetrate fog and mist better (well they do near me) and dont scatter the light as much as its higher up the light spectrum (hence why you get a blue tinge).

You have to be careful with high bright halogen bulbs so as to not burn out the thin wire that manufacturers insist on using for light circuits also that you have them legally adjusted so as to not blind on coming traffic. HID lights are equally guilty of causing havoc as some people are sensitive to certain colours of light (level of light in the spectrum).

I know this is not exactly what you were asking but its just some insight into perhaps making up your mind based on the info above.

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)