original amplifier! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:22 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
espnesso is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
original amplifier!

I cant find the original amp in my 1991 520iA! Anyone know where it is or how it looks..?used:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 05:50 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
it looks like a small rectangular box i believe. I'd assume it's somewhere in the trunk region, but i really have no idea

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 05:01 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
If its like mine, pull the carpet back on the left (drivers) side of the trunk and it will be a rectangle box mounted to a bracket, mounted to the trunk support. It'll have a bunch of twisted wires going in and out of it. Hope that helps...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 AM
n00b

espnesso is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Original amp! Another thing though!!

Thanks!
It was right there!! It had to be, it was the only place I didnt look..
It is now in the garbage

Heres the other thing...

My BMW is a 1991 520iA 24V..
When its in Park (idling), the RPM suddenly drops to 2-300 for a second and up to normal idle again.
When the gearbox is in Drive (or 1., 2., 3. gear and Reverse) its too much for the engine and it stops!! It also almost stops sometimes when im putting the pedal to the metal when Im driving!! All of this happens when the engine is warm.
This is no fun, the car is slow enough when its working

Again I would really appreciate any response!
Excuse my english, Im from Norway..
#5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeadman
...but i really have no idea

rofl:lol:

Your english is better than some around here, espnesso! Sorry I can't really help you with your question, but welcome to the 'werkz. Between all the people on here with all of their collective knowledge, you'll get the answers you need!

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by PhatCat; 01-02-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)