ok new to bmw's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mr2guy94 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Talking ok new to bmw's

i just bought a e39 99 528i but has a lot of issues

first i just posted the most important on light not working right.

second is sunroof rails are broke ( ordered rebuild kit )

third drivers side door handle cable broke ( ordered new one already just waiting for it )

fourth is stock radio is broke ( ordered new mount to put a after market one in just waiting for it too )

fifth is body was wrecked front fender, bumper, divers side rear door dent, and hail damage. going to order a m5 bumper and gtr hood new fender and have a friend thats a body guy and has 2 trucks that a mag. worthy.

ill post picks later

i am not a fan of tan bu the wife is so tint is a must other then that the car runs and drives striaght with lots of power for a 2.8 interior also need some love but want all black so looking for a wrecked car

called around and was tool that a 525i and 528i are not interchangeable by the savage yard with one that has all black with carbon trim he will sell me the whole car for about as much as i paid for mine ( $2k ) any info would be great or sites that have parts for a good price. thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM
n00b

Puppeli is on a distinguished road
I am reading and painting a picture of your car. We all love our cars and love spending lot of money to make them perform and look good. I would culculate the price of parts and labour, the second car that you are thinking of getting for parts and the price that you would get for your car. I'll bet you come to a price that would get you a nice 540i with lot of the things already done that you are planing. I have a e39 and know how much they cost to repair when things start to fall apart.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 PM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

Always shitty to have to pour money and work into a car you just bought. The guy at the junkyard was wrong to an extend. The body is identical. Most but not all engine parts are the same. Suspension is the same.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM
n00b

mikemellowz is on a distinguished road
Hi,
If you are still having problems, then why don't you take your car to a good garage shop. I take my car to European Auto Tech, they have the best mechanic and they also are experts in their fields. You can contact them at BMW Repair Dallas | BMW Service Dallas | European Auto Tech
#5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
n00b

IsabelleCovillon is on a distinguished road
why dont you look up to advanceautoparts.com its amazing site to visit for shopping vehicles accesories at remarkable price ranges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)