Oil life indicator ?? do you mean oil service indicator ? if so here you go....
BMW Oil Service reset for 2001 ~ current
- Iginition OFF (POS 0)
- Press and Hold the trip odometer button while turning key to position 1 (ACCESSORY)
- Keep the button depressed (about 5 secs.) until you see "Oil Service" or "Inspection" with "Reset" or "Re" in the display
- *Note: On vehicles with "High" cluster, you will also see the amount of fuel (in litres) remaining until next service
- Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 secs. until "Reset" or "Re" flashes
- While the display is flashing, briefly press the button again to reset the Service Interval. After the display has shown the new interval you should see "END SIA" for about 2 secs.
Note that if the "Reset" or "Re" does not flash, then you have not met the minimum consumption level and cannot reset.
__________________ VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL
I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
Last edited by marti5; 04-17-2009 at 09:41 AM.