| Originally posted by ben_t@Feb 24 2005, 07:50 PM |
Correct you are :
1988 535i e34 with a m30 engine.
I am unsure of the OBC number.
Before anyone start reading 3 warnings:
A. STAY AWAY FROM NUMBER 21 for your own good don’t use it whatever you do. See below.
B. If you mess up you’re on your own so don’t call me at home but you may clap again if you see smoke or gas coming out of the OBC. Billb is not the substitute for good professional mechanics. Local BMW dealers/independents do know better!!
C. The procedure below may/may NOT apply to your particular model/version. Consult a pro.
Some much for liability and Ben_ t’s your problem is too much fuel consumption (you have 2 posts). And you wish to correct it through your OBC….
1. To do so you must unlock the OBC menu; it is locked by default.
2.Press the 1000 key and the 10 key you should get the word “test” clapping at your display.
3. Now press the 10 key and the 1 key then input (19) then hold the S/R function button. You’ll be able to see what #s you’ve entered on the display so if you mix them up go back to step 2.
4. At this point you may feed it the day and month-already stored by your computer- hit the S/R function again. Bingo you’ve just entered your SECRET MENU.
5. Your fuel consumption. Do step 2 again get “test” on the little screen then do step 3 again BUT input (20) then hold S/R function. Again NO 21 please.
6. Now you will see some abbreviation to Current Correction consumption Factor.
7. Your secret formula: New_Correction_Factor = Old_Correction_Factor * Actual_Mpg/Obc_mpg.
8. The above formula can be entered via your numeric buttons 1000 through 1
9. You may enter 19 again, and then push the C/F to lock the system
10. Don’t use function 21!!!!!!
Good luck my friend