BMW Werkz banner

Newbie E39 Help fitting cd Changer

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric S. 
#1 ·
Just bought an 02/02 525d E39 and I am trying to fit a Sony CDX-T70MX CD changer to the cabling in the boot. The car came with a business cd fitted in the dash. When I install the interface kit and the unit in the boot, there is no recognition from the head unit - stilll only shows the factory fitted dash unit. Do I need to disconnect this ? Have I missed something ? Am I just being stupid ?

#2 ·
That pre-wired setup in the trunk is probably only compatible with a OEM BMW CDchanger, OR, a aftermarket made-for BMW unit.
I might be wrong, but when I bought mine (OEM) from ebay, there were many models, specifically for different cars, like either for the E34, E39, E46...etc.

#3 ·
DAB said:
Just bought an 02/02 525d E39 and I am trying to fit a Sony CDX-T70MX CD changer to the cabling in the boot. The car came with a business cd fitted in the dash. When I install the interface kit and the unit in the boot, there is no recognition from the head unit - stilll only shows the factory fitted dash unit. Do I need to disconnect this ? Have I missed something ? Am I just being stupid ?
My best advice is to ditch the CD changer and get yourself a Dension IceLink and hook up an iPod instead of a CD changer. You can't use a CD changer anyway, once the IceLink is installed, and with a 20GB, 30GB, or 60GB iPod music magazine at your fingertips, who needs to fart around with 6 CDs any more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.