BMW Werkz banner

New pads new rotors

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  stacks156 
#1 ·
All,
I purchased a 2007 BMW 530xi with 53,000 miles about a year ago. When I first got the car I replaced brake pads and rotors. I used Hawk performance ceramic brake pads and stoptech drilled rotors. A year later I had absolutely no issues until I started to get some squeaking noises. I replaced the rotors because I saw that I had enough brake pad life left. However, squeaking continued . I then replaced the pads. Same brand pads same brand rotors. I still had the squeaking issue. I paid it no mind thinking itll take time for the noise to wear off. Almost 2 months later my car still squeaks when I tap on the breaks lightly. It has gotten louder over time and its driving me crazy knowing these are new pads and rotors. The thought of having to spend more kills me. I have tried de-squeak, brake cleaner and brake pad adhesive. All solutions cure the noise for about a half hour and then it returns. I took it to a mechanic who said it may be the type of rotor / pad combo I used but im thinking that’s not accurate since ive had similar products in the past with no issues. Anyone have any suggestions on what the issue might be??? Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.