New Idea For Super Car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nick_Cool is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New Idea For Super Car

Yesterday,I watch Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear Host) DVD about supercar.
And I love to see Buggati Veyron,that creature Have W16 Engine (Double of V8 Audi R8 Engine).

from Indonesia and I love BMW..(Of course 5-series) and I have mad idea with my brother...
I have BMW 530i E34 M60 V8 3000cc. really powerfull engine in Indonesia,and last night I dream it to make....BMW 6000cc W16. The dual of M60 engine..
And I wish I can place it in new chasiss and a new body. More light weight and more aerodynamics. Even It's not enough to defeat Buggati Veyron..But I think I will make the most fastest car in Indonesia.

Last summer I just place MErcedez Benz G500 engine to the A140 cabin ...and...Piece a crap.. It doesn't work. Even place it... So,I need new body and super lightweight chassis with strong suspension..

So I need ur advice guys... Can I make it?

I can't imagine.. If the powerfull engine of BMW M5 dual,place it in BMW 1-series.... Stairway to heaven....

Last edited by Nick_Cool; 11-24-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:58 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
It would be amazing. But too much trouble. The Veyron is a service tech's nightmare; and if nothing else goes wrong, it just runs out of gas.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Welcome I don't knwo enough about engine swaps to help. I think your car is really nice already.

#4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Welcome. You are one crazy dude! But if you do it, it will be insane and I will fly there to get a ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Place W16...

Aha..Thanks..

When I think about engine swap,I think I will place that machine in cabin,so the BMW 1 series become MR (Middle Rear) Engine. (But I remember when I place Merc G500 to the A140 cabin.. Piece a crap.. )

I draw some concepts for the body of my prototype car.. More like supercar Mclaren F1 GT-R with,carbon fibre body.. But my brother said,better place it in some LMP2 body. I dunno..I wish I can make this car.
But u know...The most hardest of this idea is the experiment,how to join 2 big V8 machine become One piece..And,how to works..

Sometimes,I dream about BMW become the most fastest car,so I just think about M5 engine 5000cc V8 become 10000cc W16 with Twin Turbo,Intercooler, in a new body,new chasiss and with the BMW technology,plus don't forget the luxurious.. ..gg..
#6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
OMFG another one!?

witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Yeah, a major dram car!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Cool View Post
Last summer I just place MErcedez Benz G500 engine to the A140 cabin ...and...Piece a crap.. It doesn't work.
could 've told you that one beforehand. Ever looked at how Benz put the engine into the A-Class? Apart from that the engine bay is also way too small. And the motor is angled. It's a piece of shit, too. We got an A 200 with 130 hp and it doesn't pull shit.

Edit: Sorry, just read that you put it in the cabin... well it's still a shitty car, so why bother?

And concerning your project: my brother (engineer) says you should put them in a row instead of trying to make a W-engine. A row V-16 would be easier to make.

Last edited by denyo77; 11-25-2008 at 03:47 PM.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 PM
OMFG another one!?

I think after 8 cylinders, the fuel economy just goes south.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
I think after 8 cylinders, the fuel economy just goes south.
lol that thing might get about 1 mile per gallon

#10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:16 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Yeah,A-series from Merc,its not really good car. ..gg.. Kind of wasting money if you buy that things. ( I much prefer Mercs W124 E320 )

A row? That's good idea,but it increase the length or wide of car I think.. But I will try it in a row first. (Because to make The W engine,I need Buggati Veyron technology.. )
#11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
If you have 16 cylinders...are you really going to care about the fuel mileage? :lol

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Fuel milage..

The fuel is doesn't matter. You know,the world fuel price goes down,and down..And in Indonesia is the one of most cheapest fuel in the world I think.. (Even the maximum octane only 93) only about $ 70 cent per litre. . And once again,It's just prototype..hehe
#13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
n00b

cipher is on a distinguished road
How about running 1 engine in bay and 1 in the trunk evening out weight? Is it possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)