BMW Werkz banner

needs service indicator light

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dale19999 
#1 ·
I recently brought in my 2011 535 in for servicing. I bought it new and new and it has 51K miles . Its last oil service was at 33k, and I had been waiting for the "needs service" indicator to come on , but it never did. I finally brought it in without the light since it had been over a year.
I was horrified to be told it was 9K miles overdue. I told them the indicator light was not on, and they showed me that it was coming on for a bout 2 seconds when I start the car and then disappeared.
This was the first I had heard of the disappearing indicator light. I had called in several times complaining about the long interval between servicing and was always told "the type of driving you do along with the synthetic oil makes these really long intervals. The car will tell you when it needs servicing an indicator
light will come on" . I was never told about the disappearing light.
I feel I have caused damage to my car. Isn't that light suppose to come on and stay on ? The dealer is telling me no but other BMW owners as well as randomly called service departments I call say it should stay on and the manual just gives the symbols so I don't know what to believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.