BMW Werkz banner

Need some help with an E34 535i (1990)

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  posmaxx 
#1 ·
It has a good 160,800 miles on it, and still running strong. too bad it has an automatic though... :(

Anyways, I'm having a lot of problems with the rubber thing under the driver side door. It's getting really loose, and every time I open the door I need to pop it back in place. What's the best way to fix this? I definately don't want to take it off. (If anyone's familiar with the E34, there is a TON of rust under those rubber things, and there is on this car)

To be honest, it's my dad's car, and it bothers me more than it bothers him. :D

Also, I'm looking for the right rear tail light cover (outside). The outer most layer was broken by a rock. A little 1 in circular hole. partbmw.com has a whole tail light assembly, but it costs quite a bit. I'm guess I can't just buy the outside, that I need the whole assembly?

Thanks for reading!
-Sean

#2 ·
what have yoiu tried as far as using some type of adheasive to keep the rubber on? also your gonna have to buy the whole assembly , most OEM bmw parts are hard to buy seperate like for instance you trying to buy just the lens, however your best bet is to call your local BMW dealer and ask if they DO or DO NOT sell the lens separate.

#4 ·
Originally posted by posmaxx@Sep 1 2003, 08:40 PM
I got the same car! Awesome car!, But mine is reaching 204000 Miles and it still running like a new car. for parts replacement you can try zionville, they have some used parts but awesome condition. this is The Part that you are looking for.

Cheers!
I had heard that Zionville was a good source for older parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.