BMW Werkz banner

Need Help (ignition Key Locked)

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  shragon 
#1 ·
hi Every body,, i have a real problem here,, i have a 525i 1995 model, Fully option, my problem is tht yesterday at night i went out by the car for a cruise, then i had to stop the car some where,, but the problem is when i was going to turn it on again i couldn't , first i turn the key to try to start it but nothing happend it didn't start, so , i removed the key and put it again, but this time it didn't want to turn at all, the steering wheel is locked too , i tried turn it while tryingto turn the key but nothing.
today i called the BMW company , and i talked to one of the guys there, he told me , the problem is one for the 2, :
1. ither the EWS System failed to recognize the key ( keyless entry)
2. tht there's a problem in the Ignition key dumber it self.

so my question is :
1. is it possible tht the problem is really from the EWS system.
2. is it possible in a way or another to start the car and free the steering wheel so tht i can take it to the BMW company ( cuz it's 250 k.m far from where i stay).
thx

#2 ·
about starting the car - is your car manual or auto?
cuz if it's manual, i'll tell you a way which works in a lot of manual cars (never tested on a bimmer though) without actually needing to turn on your car with the key

#4 ·
ahh blast... not sure then
in manuals, car manufacturers made this trick that if your battery is dead, you can still start up the car by pressing twice on the clutch extrmeemly fast while the car is in 1st or reverse

hmmm

i'd say it's #2, because i don't think that if keyless entry won't recognize the key it'll lock the wheel

#6 ·
i tried with the spair key , but it's not turning at all, is there any way to remove it, and just use wires, and we'll it work, or the car computer will make problems, and won't let it work like tht?? i realy have to find a way to turn it on just to take it to the company , and as i said i'm 250 KM away from them .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.