*** My Tires Are Getting Destroyed *** - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:48 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bc545i is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Lord_Vader - what do you consider as fast cornering? =)

http://store.bimmerworld.com/bwsport...ers-p1296.aspx
BMW Wheel Spacers - Turner Motorsport

The worn part is around an inch. The spacers are around $200 + shipping + install. Do I need the bolts or stud conversion kit?

Not sure which coilover to buy ... it's around $1K more. How is it better than spacers?

$1365 - Lowering height will vary on vehicles with factory sport suspension.
H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over

$1153 - Lowering height only is adjustable. Excludes electronic damping/self level- ing.
Bilstein PSS Coil-Over Kit

$1850 - Fully adjustable.
Bilstein PSS10 Coil-Over Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 AM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
You dont *need* the studs, but it makes it a lot easier to put the wheel on should you take them off frequently. Rather then holding the wheel and trying to thread the bolt, you put the wheel on and the studs hold them in place. With spacers you need longer bolts either way, so most just upgrade to the studs out of convience. My 18"s weigh 45lbs each, so i cant imagine trying to lift a 20" in place and holding it while I thread in the lug nuts.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/standar...tud-p1352.aspx

The spacers come in mm widths so just convert the it over to find the one you need. Spacers are cheaper then coilovers so start with those.

From the Turner website:
A wheel spacer helps by moving the wheel away from the caliper, wheel spokes, or suspension that is causing the clearance issue. If your wheels have the wrong offset (too high an offset, causing the wheels to be too far inward) a set of wheel spacers can correct this by pushing the wheel out to the correct offset.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Lord_Vader - the front tires have around 1/2 inch from the outside of the tire to outside part of the fender. The rear tires have 3/4 inch from the outside of the tire to the outside part of the fender.

To prevent the tire from rubbing on the inside, I would have to install 1 inch spacers. This means the front tire will stick out 1/2 inch, and the rear tires will stick out 1/4 inch past the fender. Does this mean that rolling the fender will no effect now? I already rolled my fenders, but since the tires would be past the fender won't they rub on the outside of the tires no matter what now?
#19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
4DoorWhore

That's the price of running 20"s I suppose. The wheels will stick out but more fender rolling should help. As long as your not wearing your tires out so fast it's worth it.

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Since the wheels stick out "past" the fender, I don't think rolling the fenders more will help. If I roll more, the paint on the outside car panel may get damaged. Can anyone chime in?

I have to replace my Falken tires every 17k miles and they are supposed to last up to 35k miles. Do you think I can double my mileage on the tires if I got the spacers or coilovers?

If I get coilovers, do they replace the BWM factory sport suspension?
#21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
4DoorWhore

When rolling them it is critical heat is applied to ensure the paint doesnt crack. Hard to say how much you can roll em without the paint cracking through.

Start with spacers. Way cheaper and most likely will solve the issue. The spacers *may* cause the wheel to stick out far enough to rub on the fenders, but thats easy to fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)