BMW Werkz banner

M535D new owner help please

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Neil pres 
#1 ·
After some inconsiderate person rear ended my Saab Hot Aero and wrote it off I decided a M535d was the car for me. I was more than happy with my choice for a few months at least! Now I seemed to constantly bugged, first I noticed a rather annoying what could only be described as a "farting sound sound" every few seconds coming from the bottom near side of the engine bay (on tick over) couldn't pin point the source but didn't seem to affect the performance. Next an error message "increased imissions" Then I suspected there may be some form of fluid leak of which I'm now pretty sure was gearbox oil, as I noticed the previously impressive auto box was starting to snatch, then the occasional refusal to select reverse gear accompanied by the error message "transmission fault drive moderately" this cleared and apparently cured it self upon restart. Now it's hit me with the same message and lost all power revs like he'll but moves as though the hand break is on with a wording smell of hot fluid! I'm now waiting to hear from the garage to what the damage is! The car is a 2006 M535d with k114 mile and error codes P0401 and P1278, is there any likely hood of a viable way back from this or was this destined to be a short love affair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.