BMW Werkz banner

locked in car lol uugh

7K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  BimmerE39 
#1 · (Edited)
First of all hello, I'm new to this site. My girlfriend and I just purchased a 1995 530i. Problem is my girlfriend got locked in the car today. I know this is funny to everyone but her. Long story short the stealership told me to break out the window, because the battery was too low to unlock car. TWO Hours later the locksmith was able to wedge the door open and get the key from her. In turn the key in the outside lock unlocked all doors and she was able to exit. Also the car then started fine. Did I happen to mention it was 0 degrees out today? Also car would not start, pulling on locks and door handle got us nowhere, not even the sun roof would work. We got the car with just one key and no remote. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced

#13 ·
Check your fusible link. It's in the little black box leading off on the positive lead from the battery; it's basically a big metal fuse -- it cracks with time and causes the electronics to do flaky stuff like that. Pull it out; if it shatters, that's your problem ...

btw, My dad got locked in my 90 525i one day a few years back .... on a 100 degree day, in a black car. Luckily he had a key and could start the car and turn the air on. Otherwise I would have had to break the window; very easy to suffocate in such conditions.

#15 ·
When it's double locked, you can't do crap. Pulling the door handle does nothing, pulling up on the door pin does nothing ... you can pull until you break it. Even pulling up the door handle as you unlock (which is the emergency unlock procedure for dead battery) doesn't work if it's double locked. You are literally screwed if it double locks and something goes wrong.

#23 ·
I drive through akron every other week going back and forth to TOLEDO.. Nice to know someone is close in town.= )

#24 ·
good to know your girlfriend is ok. this can be very dangerous and scary. We do offer a variety of keyless entry systems as well as alarm systems that are direct PLUG-IN. These systems will replace the factory unit and plugs under the rear seat on your E34. The reason I mention our units is that we have the double locking feature electronically activated, so if you ever get locked in the car you can use the remote to unlock the doors instead of waiting for someone to get to you.
Here is a link to our site:
United Auto Security LLC - Product Details

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.