locked in car lol uugh - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
entrapment95 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
locked in car lol uugh

First of all hello, I'm new to this site. My girlfriend and I just purchased a 1995 530i. Problem is my girlfriend got locked in the car today. I know this is funny to everyone but her. Long story short the stealership told me to break out the window, because the battery was too low to unlock car. TWO Hours later the locksmith was able to wedge the door open and get the key from her. In turn the key in the outside lock unlocked all doors and she was able to exit. Also the car then started fine. Did I happen to mention it was 0 degrees out today? Also car would not start, pulling on locks and door handle got us nowhere, not even the sun roof would work. We got the car with just one key and no remote. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Last edited by entrapment95; 12-22-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: sorry can't spell lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
You need to have a key outside the car to unlock the doors. I would recommend you get a second key made.

Good to know your gf is fine.

#3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thank you. The locksmith actually made us two for the entertainment value.(three locksmiths by the time the ordeal was over) I have always had GM'S and can fix just about anything from wiring to rebuilding an engine, but this a new creature to me.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
YEah, once double-locked, you can't pull the locks up from inside teh car. I find it really weird that she couldn't start the car, though

#5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Yeah radio played dash lights were on but it would not turn over. I will have to look and see if it has an alarm or keyless entry. The guy we purchased the car from said that he lost the remote, but didn't say much else except that he was very sorry.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
The fact that the car wouldn't start like that seems like a hint of a security ignition kill that was on until the car was opened...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Any idea if this could be a factory installed security?
I did notice a red led on rear of center console, but never noticed it lit.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
OMFG another one!?

witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I would think that's security, but if it's factory, who knows.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:54 AM
n00b

mybeamer is on a distinguished road
that is the first time i heard you cant open the door from the inside. i guess when it comes to cars we learn something new each day. is this only on bmw's?
#10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
OMFG another one!?

Yeah, the double lock set up is, I think so. Had such a lock set on my E30

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Does anyone know if this can be disarmed from inside car?
I mean what would have happened if her phone was dead?
It seems a little rediculous to me, or maybe I'm just not used to it. lol
#12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
BMW keyless entry

Just checked car does have a BMW keyless entry box under backseat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Again.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Check your fusible link. It's in the little black box leading off on the positive lead from the battery; it's basically a big metal fuse -- it cracks with time and causes the electronics to do flaky stuff like that. Pull it out; if it shatters, that's your problem ...

btw, My dad got locked in my 90 525i one day a few years back .... on a 100 degree day, in a black car. Luckily he had a key and could start the car and turn the air on. Otherwise I would have had to break the window; very easy to suffocate in such conditions.

#14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 AM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
Wow that is insane. So when it double locks you cant just pull the door handle and have the doors unlock? I swear my e36 used to do that...
#15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred318 View Post
Wow that is insane. So when it double locks you cant just pull the door handle and have the doors unlock? I swear my e36 used to do that...
When it's double locked, you can't do crap. Pulling the door handle does nothing, pulling up on the door pin does nothing ... you can pull until you break it. Even pulling up the door handle as you unlock (which is the emergency unlock procedure for dead battery) doesn't work if it's double locked. You are literally screwed if it double locks and something goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)