BMW Werkz banner

Lighting Question -- Amber Vs. Silver Glass Bulbs

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WindowPro 
#1 ·
Has anyone used Prostreet Lighting's silver glass bulbs? Do they make a difference?

I am ready to purchase a few upgrades -- clear sides, Hella tail lights, etc. One of my concerns is seeing the amber bulb through the clear lenses. I have heard of others painting the bulbs silver, etc. Don't really know what to do to achieve my desired outcome? Any help is appreciated!

I have attached a photo of Prostreets bulbs and a before and after tail light pic. Also, any input on Prostreet?

BTW - Performed a search across the forum for Prostreet with zero results.

anyone ... anyone ... Bueller ... Bueller :D

Thanks,

Jim

#2 ·
You may also want to check out the Phillips Silvervisions. Same desired effect with a recognized name in lighting.

-Dustin

#6 ·
Slvr -- Thanks!

The lights I mentioned in my post are on ebay too (as a set). Is the silver bulb photo I attached look the same as yours? Are you happy with them? I think the company is asking 45.00 for the set.

Jim

#7 ·
i puchased the prostreet bulbs off ebay for my e36 and returned them when i got them because they weren't brighter than the amber bulbs as they claimed. i think you can get some from the dealership, im not sure what they will charge you but you could look into it, or you could paint the ones you have with some enamal paint, do a search many people have done this and are very pleased with the results

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.