Just Purchased a 1990 E34 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2003, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
grecobeemer is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, after wading through a slew of crappy MBZ 190E's and 300E's, I finally bought a white E34. I am planning to do upgrades and first on my list is the corners and turn signal lenses. What brand is the best and also bulbs?
grecobeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Deathace is an unknown quantity at this point
BMW do an original hella set which were put on the 540i and the M5 during production years and they still have them available at a pretty cost. I just bought a set off ebay from various people to make up the complete set and all bar them being a little niggly to fit the front indicators they are sealed and of ok construction.

There is currently an auction on ebay for the complete set in one go from a seller named clubmets who i would say is a very good seller and prompt delivery (i was told 2 weeks got them in 8 days, shipped from thailand to uk) the link to the auction is here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=23010 works out to 115.00 all inclusive and highly worth it.

You can look at other sellers as and when they put stuff up but you will have to buy them separate and that mounts up to 135 so its highly worth getting the complete set at same time.

I would have bought the original bmw hellas but both the dealership and hella themselves wanted to charge a fortune and it just wasnt worth the extra gain of having a hella stamp on the lights. One thing to watch out for if you buy off clubmets is the bulbs for the tail and brake light need switching (prolly just wrong fitting at the manufacturers) but they all work fine.

pictures of them fitted to my car
Front View
Front/Side View
Rear View
they certainly finish off the car and make it look alot more modern and high class over the conventional orange lenses.

As for bulbs separate to the ones supplied you can pay 15 per pair for the front/rear & the wedge bulbs for the side markers these are orange bulbs with a silver finish to hide the look of the orange showing through the clear lense (as seen in the pics above) i have them on order at present and will let you know how they are once fitted. you can order them from BM Town they are the silvatech bulbs about 2 3rds the way down and they certainly finish off the look (expensive yes but worth it)

hope this helps

Russ

P.S. I am new to the boards and thought i would start off posting by being a little helpful
Deathace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
I also got mine off ebay, they fit really well and were a great price.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2000 M5
Photos:
lwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
welcome any pics of your ride?
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
lwebb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 06:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
grecobeemer is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be adding pics real soon. The car is in my shop, and I am doing extensive preventative maintence to ensure years of care-free pleasure. Here is a list of mods to come:
Replace cracked dull headlights/foglights (have a few in stock)
Clear signals Front and Rear
17" or 18" rims
CD player/Speaker Upgrade
Maybe's:
Eibach lowering springs
Racing Dynamics Repro Body kit

Its a white 525i with dark blue interior.
grecobeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Deathace is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds cool, im unsure as yet which to buy 17 or 18 inch rims for mine either way i am after the 7 spoke parallels as they look conservative yet stylish.

One thing to remember about changing the stereo for a non bmw one is that there are 2 parts to the antenna in the rear window (unless you have electric aerial out the back wing) so when you plug one in you cant plug the other so may need some form of converter otherwise you lose AM or FM radio (whichever you do not use).

Russ
Deathace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maz
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Maz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Maz
I have an E34 and got a whole new sound system and I didnt lose my AM/FM radio at all!!! E34's that are kept up nice look great, some times even better then the newer 5er's!! Thats my 2 cents, conratz on the great car and
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
E34's that are kept up nice look great, some times even better then the newer 5er's!!
I agree - and to me, this is especially true for 95 white 540s.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)