Just got the Bimmer - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alex MPower is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alex MPower
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Just got the Bimmer

So i just bought the BMW 2003 525i with 40000miles on it! Love driving it! a lot of pleasure!
Bus naw i'm looking for an M5 body kit ! Wheels(original M5) so i didn't find nothing intresting online maybe you will helpp me! Where should i look? The price is important to!

oh... esturday i stop at red light and next to me i see that blue honda civic si....all tuned up and with that bad sound,he was with his girlfriend and i realy wanted to make him be imberessed,so turn off my air condition,music an wait for green,as the light goes green he accelerates like crazy(his shifting was good) but my was better,i didn't even put in my 5th gear when i was far away ahead of him,next light was red so i stop and hear he pulls,his girlfriend was laughing and i just smiled and went. My first race on a new car! i hoppe all of them will be suuceseful. I am wandaring what is my bimmer gona do with an Subaru STI? Is that subaru realy that good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice
LOL! NICE!!! You didnt have much to prove though. Try Ebay for sure. I would recommend staying away from fiberglass as it does crack instead of the flexability as you would find with urethane. Post some pics!
#3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 PM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex MPower
So i just bought the BMW 2003 525i with 40000miles on it! Love driving it! a lot of pleasure!
Bus naw i'm looking for an M5 body kit ! Wheels(original M5) so i didn't find nothing intresting online maybe you will helpp me! Where should i look? The price is important to!

oh... esturday i stop at red light and next to me i see that blue honda civic si....all tuned up and with that bad sound,he was with his girlfriend and i realy wanted to make him be imberessed,so turn off my air condition,music an wait for green,as the light goes green he accelerates like crazy(his shifting was good) but my was better,i didn't even put in my 5th gear when i was far away ahead of him,next light was red so i stop and hear he pulls,his girlfriend was laughing and i just smiled and went. My first race on a new car! i hoppe all of them will be suuceseful. I am wandaring what is my bimmer gona do with an Subaru STI? Is that subaru realy that good?

Congrats on the new car, and nice kill on the honda. But don't underestimate the STI. I love BMW, but the STI with a good driver and launch can take on a E46 M3. It won't necessarily win, but it will make the M3 work.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
Congrats on the buy, as long as you're happy with the car that's all that should matter but, just think about it for a sec...the Subaru STI has almost as much hp and torque as an M3...you have a Big car with a little engine.

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
don't street race, it's bad and can cause bad things.
Take the car to the track, run 1/4 mi time, see what you do. The sti will absolutely slaughter you, unless you run at high altitude or the driver is plain horrible. STIs can run low 13s, while your 525 runs probably low 15s! and civic si is even slower, that's why you beat him badly.

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
True street racing is bad...changed a head gasket on an M3 4 times last year (dumb@$$ doesn't have a clue what he's doing) his gf let us know he's been racing it all crazy like so no more warranty HG for him!

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:29 PM
3rd Gear Member

Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex MPower
. I am wandaring what is my bimmer gona do with an Subaru STI? Is that subaru realy that good?
umm the STI will eat you for lunch. stay away.....far away

99 Dakar M3
|Conforti|Sharked|TC Kline SA|DEPO||BBS|M50 MANIFOLD|UUC|DDM|SPARCO|OEM X BRACE||SSK|ECS TUNING|MISHIMOTO|
#8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah... the sti will eat the 540 with no problem, and trust me.. the 540 eats the 525 like it was standing still... lol

Also... when at altitude, thats when the turbo cars will beat the NA cars even more so than in normal circumstances....

#9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM
4th Gear Member

Eric S. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0rky
yeah... the sti will eat the 540 with no problem, and trust me.. the 540 eats the 525 like it was standing still... lol

Also... when at altitude, thats when the turbo cars will beat the NA cars even more so than in normal circumstances....
I'd like to also add that the STi's slightly de-tuned and more street-friendly counterpart, the 227HP WRX, will also eat the 525's lunch. It will be very close to the 540, but the 540 can take it.

Be especially careful of those innocent-looking WRX hatchback/wagons (look for the hood scoop which feeds the intercooler). Almost identical performance as the WRX sedan. Oh, and those babies can handle too. Wish I could've found one close by used and gotten spousal permission.

<span style='colorurple'>Eric S.</span>
2006 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES
2006 Honda Accord V6 EX-L Sedan
1999 BMW 540i 6-Speed (Sold to M3UOND on 9/21/06)
1991 Honda Civic Si - Occasional Beater
#10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Man I am looking forward to supercharging this 540...that plus a nice LSD is going to make for a pretty fun car...

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 10:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Eric S. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
Man I am looking forward to supercharging this 540...that plus a nice LSD is going to make for a pretty fun car...
I agree 100%!

<span style='colorurple'>Eric S.</span>
2006 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES
2006 Honda Accord V6 EX-L Sedan
1999 BMW 540i 6-Speed (Sold to M3UOND on 9/21/06)
1991 Honda Civic Si - Occasional Beater
#12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 10:54 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, speaking of FI - I've got a custom turbo plan in the works. It's gonna take a while to source all the parts and everything that I'll need, but... it's gonna be done hopefully by end of first quarter 07. Maybe mid 07...

SCs are cool and all - but theres nothin like a turbo.

#13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I agree with you guys,the 525 is not the best car to race with. I like it,for me it works. I want to put on it a M5 body kit,to make it look sportier! as soon as i get the pics i will post them!
#14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Hey guys i got some pictures but i never did it before,haw do i put them on the site? Thx.
#15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new car! Enjoy and be safe...I'm guessing you must be pretty young...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)