BMW Werkz banner

How To Tell Options With Vin?

73K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 ·
Looking at a 2000 528i that supossedly has the sport and premium packages along with several other options. Would a CARFAX show me options? Does anyone here have the ability to run a CARFAX?

VIN WBADM6349YGU27877

Thanks in advance for anyone's help/input!

#2 ·
carfax wont show it... i'll try to find u a bmw vin decoder in a minute.

anyway here's the carfax

Report Heading Graphic

Bank One Lease & Loan Collateral Servici
Lexington, KY

Since its establishment as an independent company in 1986, CARFAX has collected the largest vehicle history database in North America. This database currently includes over 3 billion records from thousands of public and private sources.

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Heading Graphic

CARFAX Buyback Guarantee Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!
No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
Blue Arrow This sedan has had 3 owners and was owned in Virginia and Missouri. It was originally registered as a lease vehicle. The leasing company actually owned this vehicle and collected payments from the individual leasing it until the vehicle was sold or the lease expired.
Blue Arrow It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
Blue Arrow It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
Blue Arrow It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
Blue Arrow It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 14,662 miles per year, which is slightly lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 09/21/2004, was 61,750 miles.
Blue Arrow It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Blue Arrow Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Blue Arror Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK
Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK
Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK
Number of Owners 3 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Lease Vehicle

5. RECALL CHECK
BMW Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 10 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED

Heading Graphic

Year/Make/Model: 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 2.8L L6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: GERMANY
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Running Lights Optional, Dual air bags front, head, and sides/active (manual) belts with automatic passenger sensor
Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

Heading Graphic

Test-drive our new products and let us know what you think.

Blue Arrow

Should you extend the warranty on this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC?
Go to CARFAX Warranty Check for the Manufacturer Warranty and remaining coverage for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC.

Blue Arrow

How safe and reliable is this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report .

Heading Graphic

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 07.Jan.2005 16:03:18. New data will result in a change to this report.

Heading Graphic

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877).

Date: Mileage:
07/07/2000 9
08/27/2003 38,453
10/09/2003 40,355
11/25/2003 42,533
09/21/2004 61,750

Average miles driven per year 14,662 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Heading Graphic

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Heading Graphic

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877) had 3 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 07/07/2000 Virginia
2nd owner 10/29/2003 Missouri
3rd owner 09/21/2004 Missouri

Types of Owners:

This 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877) was originally registered as a Lease Vehicle.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Heading Graphic

BMW does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC. You can also contact an authorized dealership or BMW at 1-800-334-4269 to find out if this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877) still has recalls that require repair.

Heading Graphic
CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 10 record(s) for this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:
07/07/2000 9 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dublin, OH
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
07/07/2000 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dublin, OH
Registered as
lease vehicle
08/27/2003 38,453 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Georgia
Listed as
a fleet vehicle
10/09/2003 40,355 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
10/29/2003 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
O Fallon, MO
Title #PF568023
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
10/30/2003 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
O Fallon, MO
Title #PF568023
11/25/2003 42,533 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
09/21/2004 61,750 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Ballwin, MO
Title #PF740435
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
09/22/2004 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Ballwin, MO
Title #PF740435
10/20/2004 Private Owner
Ocean View, NJ
Vehicle offered for sale

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

* First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.
* Lease
When someone leases a car from a dealer, the dealer actually sells the vehicle to a leasing company. The leasing company then collects payments for the vehicle from the new owner for 24, 36, 48 or more months. A leasing company can be an independent car dealer or a car manufacturer.
* New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

CARFAX Buyback Guarantee CARFAX BUYBACK GUARANTEE
Courtesy of Bank One Lease & Loan Collateral Servici

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
Severe Damage: Odometer Problems: Lemon History:
# Salvage/Junk
# Rebuilt/Reconstructed
# Dismantled
# Fire/Flood/Hail
# Canadian Total Loss
# Exceeds Mechanical Limits
# Not Actual Mileage
# Manufacturer Buyback

Your CARFAX Buyback Coverage:
Vehicle: Transferable Coverage: Activation:
2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC
WBADM6349YGU27877 01/07/2005 - 01/07/2006 REQUIRED --
ACTIVATE TODAY!

Activation Required
ACTIVATE GUARANTEE NOW
Go to www.carfax.com

No Internet access?
Ask your dealer to help you activate this guarantee.

Terms and Conditions Apply
CARFAX agrees to buy this vehicle back from the holder of this Vehicle History Report if the report indicates the vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee and a Branded Title, as fully defined in the Terms and Conditions, actually exists for this vehicle. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ACTIVATE THIS FREE GUARANTEE (www.carfax.com) in order to be eligible for payment. View Terms and Conditions (www.carfax.com/guarantee/hctermsanddef.cfm).

Heading Graphic

Warranty Check:

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC (WBADM6349YGU27877). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer.

Estimated start date of warranty: 07/07/2000
Last reading reported on 09/21/2004: 61,750 miles Recalculate with current mileage
Today's Date: January 7, 2005

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 72 months or unlimited mileage 18 months or unlimited mileage
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles 42 months or 18,250 miles
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Corrosion coverage may require a once a year inspection. Full maintenance is standard for 3 years or 36,000 miles.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the BMW web site.

Safety & Reliability Report:

Get your FREE CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report! Today's leading safety and reliability information for the 2000 BMW 528I AUTOMATIC all in one report. This FREE report includes Crash Tests, Reliability Ratings, Theft Ratings and more...

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

Need help? Consumers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com. Dealers or Subscribers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfaxonline.com.

© 2005 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending.
C378804 - 07.Jan.2005 16:03:18

#3 ·
Thanks a lot Torque - this carfax proved that this guy was lying in his ad. He said he was the original owner and according to the carfax it was a lease/fleet car that was all over the country.

I just don't understand why people lie when they know you'll probably run a carfax or look into the vehicle's history. I'll probably stay away from this one - who knows what else he's lying about @%^$@%@!

Thanks again for the help!

#7 ·
Originally posted by cm70man@Jan 7 2005, 03:51 PM
Looking at a 2000 528i that supossedly has the sport and premium packages along with several other options. Would a CARFAX show me options? Does anyone here have the ability to run a CARFAX?

VIN WBADM6349YGU27877

[snapback]266455[/snapback]​
Not sure if this is the VIN decoder you were searching for:

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

Ken

#9 ·
Originally posted by cpuken+Jan 9 2005, 02:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cpuken @ Jan 9 2005, 02:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cm70man@Jan 7 2005, 03:51 PM

VIN WBADM6349YGU27877

[snapback]266455[/snapback]​
Not sure if this is the VIN decoder you were searching for:

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

Ken
[snapback]267430[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
It doesn't tell you the options/packages installe don the car though.

Come on people, help this guy out... I know some of you have cars with sport package etc; how the hell do you know ?

#10 ·
hey everyone
i'm new to this forum because i got a bimmer like a week ago
i got 99 528i and supposably it also has a sports or premium package.
i talked to my friend, whose brother got a 98 528i and we came up with the following:
i'm not sure if it is like this in all 99 528is, but my wheel has an M symbol on it, even though my car is not M5. So comparing the differences between my friends car and mine we noticed that the rims were different, bigger and nicer looking on my car. i think that this might be the only difference because we didn't find anything else ---- maybe performance parts are different? all i know is that when i think about it myself all i want to do is :banghead

#21 ·
Looks like its still a work in progress. A bunch of the images arent showing up properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.