How To Remove The Rear Side Backrest. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWhatever is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm trying to replace the rear suspension. The problem is that the upper strut mountings must be accessed inside the car. For doing that I have remove the side backrest (the cushion nearest to the door. I've removed the seat cushion but I cannot find any bolts for the side cushion. I see the bolt for the main backrest but not for the side one. The only thing I can see is that it is a bent metal bar that is stuck in the chassis. So you have to move the cushion up in order to get it out. The cushion is fastened somehere I don' know.
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
billB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond reputebillB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
BMWhatever
I am not sure if I read you correct: there are 2 parts to the seat: the cushion plus the back part? I am assuming you have a problem with the back support part; one piece that is. yes? let me know what you mean by the "side backrest" , the whole thing is one piece so try to lift upward (sometimes hard to lift) to release it from the 2 clips/hooks holding it in place. Good luck

biilb
billB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)