How Many Of Your Cars Work?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 01:49 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
abeezy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hello,
ive always wanted a bmw since i was a yute, and now that i am finacially able, i intended to purchese the new e60. but i have read a LOTTTTTT of negative things about this new bmw and i wanted to know how many of you out there have a PERFECTLY running E60. when i say perfectly i mean not car cut offs, interior malfunctions, electronic malfunctions, things of that nature.

and also are all these problems with the e60 enough to make a long time bwm lover deter from fullfilling his dream??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Neutral Member

wiseman168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suggt you wait one more year...
#3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 AM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Most of new models face many bugs in their first year of production. It takes several years to get the bugs out of the system/. By then they tend to reproduce a newer model (to keep up with demands/competitions) with more gadgets and hence more bugs. The choices? Buy it and deal with it and/ or wait it out till they weed out all the problems/recalls!!
regards
billb
#4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 02:01 PM
5th Gear Member

BeelZibub is an unknown quantity at this point
I can understand your hesitence as this is not just a few dollars you will be spending. I hate to admit it but I have not heard of anyone who is 100% pleased with their e60, so I would probably take the advice of the two above posts and wait a year. OR buy a late 2003 e39 fully loaded and bug free.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

///Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
I started with a 97 540i, the first of the E39's...There were a few bugs...good but not perfect. However in my 03 5-series...perfecto! I'd say wait a little while like the other guys.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 03:14 PM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Beelz and ///mat
Thanks for the back up and that is the POINT. i.e. Lincoln Town cars introduced new model in 1990 and transmission kept failing on them after 20K-30K miles until 1992. The perfected one came out in 1997 and hence became the limousine of choice. MB and/or Bimmers are not the exception thus 2003 E39 is the closest to perfection you can get!

regards
billb
#7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the input guys but with that said how many of you guys out there who are having problems with your e60 got your car from the dealership or one of those build your own like they have on the website(thats what i was thinking about doing). i just want to see if theres more disfunctional cars coming from a certain side. thanks again
#8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Neutral Member

wiseman168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by abeezy22@Nov 5 2004, 10:27 PM
thanks for the input guys but with that said how many of you guys out there who are having problems with your e60 got your car from the dealership or one of those build your own like they have on the website(thats what i was thinking about doing). i just want to see if theres more disfunctional cars coming from a certain side. thanks again
[snapback]225469[/snapback]
Just go head and get one for yourself and tell us your feed back on the E60.
Don't forget to ask yourself "if you feel lucky punk!"
#9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
5th Gear Member

Abeezy22

Also a visit to a nearby BMW and road testing one is not too bad of an idea. Let us know please

regards
billb
#10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
my father got a 04 525i a couple days ago. drives beautiful so far....
#11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 05:25 PM
5th Gear Member

Abeezy22

What color? and Please wish your dad lots of luck
regards
billb
#12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 07:08 PM
n00b

kscarrol is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered my 545 in December 2003 and took delivery in Feb 2004. No problems so far, other than a minor recall for a "Fuel Line Clip" that took 30 minutes to fix. That being said, my car is pretty basic in that I did not get Navigation or Heads Up Display or the Sports Package w/ Active Steering etc. There have been issues such as not being able to have NAV and Sirius, though that has been worked out in the 2005 models and you can now have Sirius w/ NAV.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 12:22 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
black with the performance and premium package
#14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:11 AM
5th Gear Member

Good Choice and enjoy
Billb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)