How to get service records? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
primarycolorman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm shopping for a bmw 540, whats the easiest way to get the service record history? Is there a single national phone number I can call with the VIN, or do I have to track down the dealerships it has been through?
primarycolorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Bimmin'88 is an unknown quantity at this point
CarFax.com As far as service records if you go through a BMW dealer they useually don't transfer the records. But they inspect and waranty the vehicle if it is good enough to waranty if its not in good shape they usualy sell those ones to the smaller lots. Private Party.....if they don't have records.....I wouldn't buy it! As far as getting records....unless all the service has been performed throught the dealer I think your out of luck. I could be wrong though.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
walt525tour is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a '95 525ita from a private owner.
95% of the service had been done at a single dealer, while it was under warranty.
They gave me receipts for the 5% that had been done by a shop since it went out of warranty.

Their BMW dealer printed out for them a 96 page service record summary that they gave to me.

Alot of good info especially as the car has 124K on it and I will be replacing and maintaining numerous things.

Good to know for example when the brakes were done last.
And also to see that they took good care of it and it had regular changes and services.

ask and you shall receive.

Before they sent me the records I also had a phone conversation with the BMW service dept. they had used and the manager pulled up the records and told me that it had a new radiator at 65K and the water pump had never been replaced.

I have found the BMW dealers to be very helpful - expensive when you use them for repairs but willing to give info and explain things.

my local BMW dealer parts dept. has been helpful also. Even though I buy everything I can online and just go to them for the little connector parts and the dealer only items.
walt525tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)