BMW Werkz banner

High Beam ram air...

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  CBA 
#1 ·
I've seen multiple times of both E30's and E34's that some people have removes the appropriate high beam to allow a direct Blast of air right into the filter. On my car they filter sits exactly behind the light and it would seem if that light was gone that air would get CRAMMED into the intake. Is this a good idea, and if it is, are there any products that might reduce the assymetrical sight of it?

#2 ·
if your gonna go about this make sure you have the proper breathing material such as exhuast.

you can make somethin up without removing the beam. a buddy of mine did it to his stang, he got a dryer hose and worked it right behind the air dam in the front of the car to the filter direct feed.

#3 ·
hmm, any ideas on how I might go abour contructing on of those??

#4 ·
walmart, any hardware store, should have a dryer hose just fashion you self up some brakets outta aluminum or plastic and grab some tape.

sounds mickey mouse but what ever works..

#5 ·
dryer hose huh.... WEll crap, I already have half a white trash can serving as a heat shield, what the hell.

#6 ·
lolololol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.