Here is the problem! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
(Thread Starter)
Here is the problem!

The instructions show the h7 blub being secured into place by a metal spring type thing...my headlights are screw in, how am I supposed to get this to work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Science Roolz!

SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
The instructions show the h7 blub being secured into place by a metal spring type thing...my headlights are screw in, how am I supposed to get this to work?
This is a technical question for the tech area......

maybe you got the wrong bulb.

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
#3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Nope, It is the H7 bulb, it is just for the snap in headlights, mine screw in. I am going to have to dremel off part of the H7 socket, then drill out a hole to feed through the HID bulb, unless someone knows of a good adaptor.

#4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Did you buy Hella projectors and are now trying to put in xenon bulbs?

It's possible, but takes some time and some careful work with a dremel.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah I didn't want to have to do that but I got the dremel work done and the drilling and now the bulbs are in acceptably.

#6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Wow, sounds like a project... Glad it's sorted.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
It was. I thought that a company would know that a screw in bulb would be needed since they specialize in BMWs...but oh well. I don't like the way they are in, they wont screw right for some reason so visually it doesn't look like they are in good, but they are physically in there and wont move under road conditions I'm pretty sure...that isn't good enough for my standards so I will be trying to improve on it later. The lights do look good at least, I enjoyed taking a few pictures and riding around in it tonight.

#8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:09 AM
Cas
n00b

Cas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cas
I dont know what its like over the pond,but in uk the headlights have to be aligned for our MOT,just a thought.

My little cherub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)