BMW Werkz banner

Help! Want to change foglight bulbs on e60

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  slavisa 
#1 ·
Help! Want to change foglight bulbs on e60Does anyone know the size? 9005 or 9006?i want to change the fog lights but i don't know the size of the bulbs and not sure how to replace them. i couldn't find these info in the manual. i've heard that the fog lights bulb is hb3/9005 but someone just told me they are hb4/9006, which one is correct? i know e39 is using h7 for both headlights and foglights. i changed my foglights on my e39 before and it was quite easy. how about the new e60? are they the same or at least similar? anyone has the installation instuction? please advise. thanks a bunch :bow!

:bimmer

#5 ·
silver4evr, how are you doing? the only benefit is brighter. but i think for most people, including me, they don't really like the yellowish. that's the main reason for me to change the bulbs. i ordered a pair of piaa xtreme force bulbs (h-259) from canada over the weekend. i believe that is ok for either hb3 (9005) or hb4 (9006). they are 4700k. it'll be very white. i'll install them after i got them. then i'll take a few pics and post them here or under "My new E60 is finally here!". i'm still waiting for the other small stuff that i ordered from the dealer. i ordered the chrome grille, rear reflectors, wood shift knob, wood rear panel (under ac vents), and all weather mats. it's almost a week and not here yet. hope to get them soon.

:bimmer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.