BMW Werkz banner

Help me with my Next Car Decision

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  alohalc 
#1 ·
As a long time BMW owner I need help on my decision as my current Lease comes up shortly. I am 46 years old and have reached the mid-life crisis portion of my life. I want something sporty. I currently have a 2001 E39 540I. My kid is in University and our second car is a four door Infinity. My options are to pick up a 2004 330I Coupe with Premium package, M-package, SMG in Silver Grey or Black.
Keep my own 540I for another couple of years or wait for the new 2005 Infinity G35 6MT....

I took the 330 Coupe for a ride today though it did not have the SMG gear box and really enjoyed it. Yes it is smaller and yes it doesn't have the power my 540I has but it was alot of fun to drive. I then drove this years G35 6MT. Granted it is not a BMW but I gotta tell you it for the money it was great. Didn't really like the interior but apparantly that is being changed for 2005.

My question is will I be happy with the 330?? Should I stick with my 540I as I don't like the new 545I or move on to the G35??? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. BTW; Pricing works out to just about the same monthly for any of the three options above.

#2 ·
My suggesting is to test drive the 545i 6MT with manual or SMG.

None of cars you mentioned drive any where near as well or as fast. Not withstanding the styling or budget, I predict you'll prefer the speed, handling and overall performance and comfort of the 545i.

#3 ·
shpritz, i agree with silver4evr. although i don't quite understand how could a 545i, a 330i, and a g35 be the same amount of monthly payment, i'll definitely take the 545i :thumbs. i have a 2004 530i for two and a half weeks and i love it :wub:! i had another e39 for the past 5 years, no regret.

545i 6 speed has a lot more hp than the 530i. it comes with standard 18" rims. what you really need is smg. silver4evr, i think 545i doesn't have sport package w/smg. i think you can either pick a automatic w/sport package or 6 speed w/smg. it'll end up about the same price though.

forget about the g35. you won't have the 4 year free maintenance and the pride. 545i is the best car you could possibly get in that class. but if you want a smaller 4 doors sedan, you should consider a 330i w/performance package. it's very close to a m3. you'll forget about the 330i coupe :naughty.

:bimmer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.