Help i am totally clueless!!!new owner!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lockdownx99 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Help i am totally clueless!!!new owner!!!

ok heres my story!
I just purchased an 04 530i. Its got the clutchless Manual/automatic transmission. It has the Nav dash board with a smaller screen than the factory widescreen nav. so in other words its just the radio/climate/settings screen. im not sure what the tech name would be for this system. anyways. There is an ipod connector in the glove box. It works with my Iphone 3g but doesnt charge it. I have to put the radio to CD in order for it to work. from what i understand, it acts as a CD changer and just projects the ipod instead.
When i purchased the car it came with nothing but a key!!! no manual or anything. I dont know what to do! i dont know how to work any of the buttons on the rear view mirror. im guessing they are homelink but dont know how to set them. i dont know how to set the memory seats either. i dont know what the button is that says DSP or whatever under the radio in front of the shifter. I think it has something to do with traction or anti lock brakes.
Can someone please tell me what kind of features i have installed from the factory, and what im able to upgrade? it is prewired from the previous owner for a sub in the rear.
i want to know if im able to upgrade to the factory navigation! i would also like to know how i could get my phone to come through the speakers. there is a picture of a phone on a button on my steering wheel as well as a button by the reading lights that says SOS and has a picture of a phone also. when i go to communication on the screen in the menu, it says contact BMW service or assistance or whatever. i guess ill stop here even though i have a lot more questions to ask. thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I would try to get the spare keys and any manuals that the previous owner has.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 AM
n00b

lockdownx99 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
i got the car from a stealership. they only had 1 key and no manual or anything. they said they would try to contact the previous owners of the vehicle and see if they still had anything that went with the car. i figured out alot of stuff tonight about some of the features and how to set certain stuff but im still at a loss as far as what kind of radio system i have and what my options are with it. i would love to somehow hook a dvd player to the radio and screen and watch movies out of the message center. but i guess ill find all that out later.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
This should help you out a bit:

Free Download PDF Ebooks Files | BMW 5 Series 2004 525i 530i 545i Owners Manual

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)