BMW Werkz banner

Hellppp!!! Alarm Issue< No Car For Now >

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ringle 
#1 ·
HHElllpppp!!!

:goodness: I have a big issue, my car has been stuck at a plaza for 3 days now. I armed my car with my keypad and when i went to disarm the car my keypad was unfunctional. When i tried to open the car with the key alone the alarm went on. When i went to turn the car on it would not start because of the alarm. Is there a way to reset my key pad or bypass the alarm? The alarm is stock. Is there a valet switch somewhere? Help :thud

I have a BMW M540i 1995

Any suggestions plz

#2 ·
Originally posted by chexicanone@Jun 18 2005, 02:28 PM
HHElllpppp!!!

:goodness: I have a big issue, my car has been stuck at a plaza for 3 days now. I armed my car with my keypad and when i went to disarm the car my keypad was unfunctional. When i tried to open the car with the key alone the alarm went on. When i went to turn the car on it would not start because of the alarm. Is there a way to reset my key pad or bypass the alarm? The alarm is stock. Is there a valet switch somewhere? Help :thud

I have a BMW M540i 1995

Any suggestions plz
[snapback]354772[/snapback]​
Unplug the battery and leave it unplugges for a several minutes, that should reset everything?

But you will have to face some humiliation while doing this as your alarm will likely sound...??

This is what I would do in your position, should work?

Why is your car stuck for 3 days? Don't you have anyone out there that can help you out with this?

Cheers
Scott

#3 ·
Originally posted by Scotty Dangles+Jun 18 2005, 02:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scotty Dangles @ Jun 18 2005, 02:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chexicanone@Jun 18 2005, 02:28 PM
HHElllpppp!!!

I have a BMW M540i 1995

Any suggestions plz
[snapback]354772[/snapback]​
Unplug the battery and leave it unplugges for a several minutes, that should reset everything?

But you will have to face some humiliation while doing this as your alarm will likely sound...??

This is what I would do in your position, should work?

Why is your car stuck for 3 days? Don't you have anyone out there that can help you out with this?

Cheers
Scott
[snapback]354804[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply,
I have been trying different methods trying to make it work. I have tried unplugging the battery but only for a short period of time. I unplugged the battery and left the key in the ignition under position 1 in hopes to reset the alarm. This did not work. do you kno how long i would have to keep the battery unplugged for?

#5 ·
close all doors, put the key in the drivers door and lock then unlock the door manually with the key. If its a factory alarm, that should do it.

#6 ·
Sounds like a non-factory alarm, depending on the manufacturer they have different methods of disabling when the remotes go dead. Most have a small toggle switch under the drivers side knee bolster, or a small push button. Flip the switch or push the button while starting and that sould disable the alarm and the starter kill.

DT

BTW there is no such thing as a M540... you have a 540 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.