BMW Werkz banner

Headlight Cover Conversion

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hjsimpson01 
#1 ·
I need to replace the current headlight frames i have because they have been scratched and oxydized and look no good. I found a set of frames that will work and look good but i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to color the inside of plastics with a paint that will last and look good. I want to paint the corners with the red arrow pointing to them 'amber' or 'orange' so the headlights are street legal. If anyone knows of a method for doing this please post it here. Thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
Try this?

Hi, first post, so hope this is relevant... You could always try a hobby shop. I bought some Tamiya Clear Orange and Clear Red hobby paint for my model kits which usually come with chrome bumpers with indicators chrome too, all I do is paint them with the model paint and it comes out looking the real deal. I dare say it would work on glass/clear plastic too... However it is permanent... Or you could try using a transparent coloured tint film. I believe it's available in orange?

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.