Fox needs some info. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Fox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
OK Ok ok so Ive been told by many people they identify me by my car and that i fit it well... HOooowever all times change and I have my eye on a particular m5 that i might be buying. Now now now dont go ohh fox what gives i thought you hate new cars... well dont fret for its a 1989. Anyway i need some insight on it, let me outline the car.

a 1989 525i body
m5 5-speed swap. I mean everything, the guy has huge 18 inch new m5 look wheels, drilled brakes, the engine, m sport seats, suspension, and body kit. The whole shibang.
The body has 150k on it and the engine mileage is unknown.
Now I need to know appoximately what year this engine is. Its the straight 6 with individual throttle bodies, Says M power over the valve cover, and thats pretty much all i know about the m5 engine from what i saw.

$6400 cash and im gonna go take my car see what they will trade me for it.

Now Id like to know the engine designation and the ratings and what not. Anyhelp appreciated.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>
Diplomacy is saying &quot;nice doggy&quot; until you find a rock.</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
interesting. i would say go for it, since there is a lot of stuff on the car. doesnt the guy know the milage on the engine aproximately...

#3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:40 AM
Fox

(Thread Starter)
Hey Mr Indigo. Can you tell me how yours drives? Ive never driven one yet and i havnt had the time to go over there and drive this one. Personally i can say that my 3 series hugs the ground and you feel the ground through the car since its not power steering or power brake so you can feel the feedback. The car is very small and responds well with a bit of front understeer. How would you say your car is?

Ps.. Ive never driven an e34, however i have driven my moms new 2002 e39 530 and its a major improvement over my car in handling even though there is extra wieght. Can you possibly compair the 2?

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:49 AM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of 3 series do you have?

the e34 cant compare in handling to the e36 or e46, but its still very good for a car of this kind of weight. Assuming the suspension is in good shape - it would be somewhat similar to the e39 you drove, not AS crisp but close.

Of course, mines a 525 and if they have an M suspension on it - it will probably out handle the e39.

good luck

#5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Fox

(Thread Starter)
1988 e30 325is is what i have.

#6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
my car handles real well for its size and weight.

since somebody wanted to make an M5 out of a 525, i'm guessing that they also put M suspension on it, which would give it great handling

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)