Fog Lights - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alohalc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hi guys, i'm sorry but i have to ask this question again. does anyone know how to change the fog light light bulbs on a e60? i just bought a pair of piaa 4700k bulbs but don't know how to change them . i changed all the bulbs myself on my e39 before and it was very simple. in fact, they are quite similar but a little different. i took out the plastic screws but couldn't pull out the brackets (the one that holding the foglights). i called the service dept but they said they can't tell me the instructions due to some liability issues . then i called my salesperson and he said since the car is too new, no one really knows how to change them . they have to take a look at the car and replace them for me...with a $99/hour labor charge ! i think it's ridiculous ! i can't wait to put them in, take some pics, and post them here. thank you in advance for your help .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:53 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
there is no access from the front instead you will have to remove or at least loosen the plastic splash shields ( ineer fender liners lower portion) and access the bulbs from the back side.

DT

#3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Neutral Member

alohalc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
thank you for dropping by dirty_tool. so that means to replace foglight bulbs for a e60 is harder than a e39? and i couldn't even remove or loosen the plastic shields. any clue? thanks again.

#4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:04 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
yes it is a lil more difficult than e39 but still very simple. PM me and ill send you a pic of how to take them out.

DT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)