Fault in DDE - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
malle pietje is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Fault in DDE

Yesterday the gaspedal didn't react for a second or 2, then there was a faultnotice on the boardcomputer; "einspritsanlage" , which is the same as a burning DDE lamp (or so I think).

After this incident, which occured to me once before, nothing happened and I could continue driving whithout any problem.

This morning, I had the computer read-out by a dealer. He couldn't give a precise problem, but the computer gave a stored fault notice in the DDE. He thinks, it's a faulty injector or maybe a worn dieselpump. He has reset the computer, and now it's a matter of waiting before it's occurs again, which I obviously don't hope so.

Other minor things the car does, and could be of importance to understand this problem; it's cold-starts like it needs some new glow-plugs, but they're allright according to the computer. Allso, sometimes, when the engine is hot, the engine trembles in stationairy run when getting to stop.

Does anybody recognise the DDE problem, or in combination with the other problems?

Thanks,Frank

oh, ps, in another thread about my starting problem, I have tried several things with the fuses for the motormanagementsystem and used some wires. Could that be of any importance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:06 AM
n00b

piete46 is on a distinguished road
I have the exact same problem ->

Other minor things the car does, and could be of importance to understand this problem; it's cold-starts like it needs some new glow-plugs, but they're allright according to the computer. Allso, sometimes, when the engine is hot, the engine trembles in stationairy run when getting to stop.

It happened after INPA crashed during readout. My injector adaption values now look a bit strange as well. For injectors 1-3 thay are 0.00. Before that that were around 0 and slightly fluctuatring.

No errors reported during read out.

Any luck solving the issue?

Last edited by piete46; 08-15-2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: addition
#3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
n00b

malle pietje is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Unfortunetely, I haven't been able to find to problem. I has hapen't to me twice in 50k km's, but the trembling remains quite often.

I have asked many experts, but there's no this is it answer. Even after diagnosing, extensive search and surfing the internet there's no real answer. It looks like the only real lead there is, is the injectors and fuelpump.

But my car is too old to change those expensive items. It has run over 360k km's and I am about to go and look for another. Should I find the answer, or you, lets put it here. We're not the only ones....

Good look!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 05:25 PM
n00b

piete46 is on a distinguished road
Next week I have my DDE software updated at the dealer. All history will be cleared, so if my problems are from a faulty INPA action this should clear it. I will post the result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)