Electrical Problem AC Stereo - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 07:04 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
byttcool is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello All,

have a 528i 98 model with electrical problems for example: stereo screen sysytem suddenly turns off the after an hour or so the phone gives a beep and the stereo screen starts working again.

also the airconditionng suddenly stopped working and then it turns back on alone

Please reply, experts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 04:09 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
none knows............
#3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 01:24 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
do you have navigation? if not then by the stereo screen i would assume you mean the MID. If so it may be an early SW MID and may need to be replaced with an updated unit. When it goes blank do you still get sound? when the AC turns off does it just lose fan speed? or does the actual AC quit. If its just fan speed it could possibly be a bad final stage. Another symptom of this would be intermittent erratic fan speed. Getting back to the radio concern are there any other symptoms? when opening the sunvisors do you get any ligjhts flickering on the dash? If so this could indicate a bad ground or a faulty ignition switch. Let us know some more details if u need more help. Hope this helps some.

DT

#4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:57 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks,,,,,

Answer:
NO Navigation.
No sound when screen goes,
The AC just loose the cold air, the fan and airflow maintained the same power.
When the radio turns off the only button that works is the time button and the screen lights up with the time.
No flickering of screen when sunvisors are down.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:46 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Hey again,
On the radio/MID problem the only info I could find was for earlier production date vehicles so in your case it will have to be troubleshot by a technician hands on. I would suspect a faulty MID or radio.

On the A.C does it cut out when your sitting at a stop? If so it could be that the auxillary fan is not working. (electric fan in front of the AC condenser) Check and ensure that it is working. Beyond that it could be anything...most likely would need to be troubleshot hands on as well.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help, Good Luck

DT

#6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:13 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)