BMW Werkz banner

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs E39 540i...any good?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sp0rky 
#1 ·
I've been considering buying a set of Eibach springs (or maybe Bavarian Autosport's) that lower the rear by 1" and front by 1.5". I was curious if anyone had put these on or have any comments regarding them. Any feedback would be appreciated...THANKS!

#2 ·
Yes sir, they are great springs.
Personally if I wasn't going to buy coilovers, I would stick with Eibach or H&R springs. I bought H&R instead, only because they are a tad stiffer and I love that stiff feeling ride :)

Eibachs are excellent, though.

Stay away from the bavauto springs at all costs!
Horror stories with those - and the last set I installed settled so much over a period of less than 1000 miles that they pretty much collapsed and all the coils are touching eachother. There is NO suspesnion travel anymore. Made the car pretty much un driveable.

#7 ·
150-200 per corner? that sounds a little high to me, I changed my front sturt inserts myself, and not ever doing anything like that before, did it in about 3-4 hours.

#8 ·
on the e39 its a little more difficult than other cars.

800 seems to be on the extreme side, 600 is somewhat reasonable. There is the work of disconnecting everything to get the shock able to come off, pulling the rear seats to get to the shock mounts, then the danger of compressing the spring (I hate doing this).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.