BMW Werkz banner

E60 - Leaking window seals?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Slvr e39 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals!

Got myself an E60 - 530D - which I think is a great car. There have been a couple of niggles which have now mostly sorted themselves out, not least after upgrading to V12 of software. Had some kids let down the tyres and the run flats did their job perfectly - look ma, no dirty hands :D

However, one niggle remains. When it has been raining and the car standing, water falls onto the seats when I open the door (front or back, drivers side, not noticed it on the passenger side). When I look at the inner seals, the 'felt' one is soaked in a couple of places and the rubber one is wet as well. The dealer has changed the seals but it still does this. To me it looks like the outer seal is not working properly letting water soak into the felt inner seal until it is so saturated it can't absorb any more water which is then running into the inner rubber seal which drops the water onto the seat as the pressure releases when the door is opened. Is this a design feature - I notice that the door curves over at the top and there is no obvious gutter so the water could just run straight off the roof? Anyone else have this feature or is it something I need to get sorted? It's driving me nuts having to wipe the seat down before I get in!!

cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums, stick around...

I don't know much about the E60 but if the passenger side door does not do it in the same situation, then you could possibly have a bad rubber seal...If it looks like that I would take it to a dealer. Just remember not to ever leave water on your seat...may ruin the leather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.