5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)
Haven't posted here in some time, but thought I'd share some pleasant information. The iDrive computer on my 2004 545i rebooted itself about 3 times over the past 10 days so I took it to the dealership for troubleshooting. I told them that if a patch is available they should go ahead and install it.
When I got the car back yesterday it had the very latest firmware version and I was very happy to see a bunch of new and restored features:
1. Perspective or birds-eye view of the navigation map. Plus many other improvements to Navigation.
2. Ability to play MP3 CDs -- finally!
3. Full RDS information for radio stations -- they brought this back!
4. Improvements to the Logic7 "Concert" and "Theater" modes. These modes are more distinct now.
5. Lots of improvements to the Bluetooth module. My new Sony Ericsson K800i mobile phone finally pairs with the car -- and supports address book transfer. I had just about given up on this so you can imagine my excitement when it worked flawlessly!
If you have a 2004 or 2005 model without these features, you may want to ask for the upgrade.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.