E60: Dealer and Car Problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Car:
Posts: 2
Photos:
530e60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Having owned few Mercedes in the past, I set out to buy a Mercedes E320 Avantgarde but the dealer did not have any in stock with orthopedic seats. A friend suggested to go take a look at the new 5-series and I immediately liked it. However, the salesman misrepresented 530i. It was sold as "full options" car (which is the term used in this part of the world to refer to a car with every available option for this region) and it did have the Comfort seats I was looking for. However, I realized after a couple of weeks, that the car did not have a cruise control which I presume 99.9% of the luxury cars here are sold with. It also did not have the the headlight washers and both of these items were included in the generic option list that was shown to me by the salesman. I say generic because I had asked for the specific option list for my specific vehicle with its VIN number, etc. However, he claimed he only had a general 530i specification sheet and that all 530i were full options.

Anyways, when I wrote to the dealer, they admitted it didnt have a cruise control and agreed to retrofit one. I have had the car for 8 months and still no word on the retrofit. They now say they wouldnt even know till September as to the timing of the availability of the retrofit kit. My question is: Do they need to wait for a retrofit kit? Cant they just treat this as a car that originally came with cruise control and needs the parts to be replaced? I am afraid that BMW may not make a retrofit kit as 99% of the cars (at least here) are sold with cruise control; so why make a retrofit kit for the remaining 1%? It just doesnt make business sense and I dont want to wait on any fales hopes...

The other problem I have is that the car only has 8,000 kms and it already developed a clicking noise while turning the steering wheel to the left at low speeds. It does have Active Steering option and I wonder if this has something to do with the problem. Anyway, the dealer says they need to replace the steering box. Anyone else have the same problem? Any technical guys have any comments?

Thanks
530e60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermitent Fuel Problem mycarblows 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) 2 11-18-2005 09:43 AM
2006 530xi shark fin problem guy293 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) 4 11-13-2005 04:15 PM
help! ignition problem sonny325i 3-Series (E36) 7 10-26-2005 02:03 AM
VW reliability? Back to the dealer... FL325i 3-Series (E46, E90) 0 10-19-2005 09:50 PM
2002 530i Problem dscherpf 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) 18 09-11-2005 12:00 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.